Getting help – online teaching
- Online & Hybrid terminology: Unsure of the difference between hyflex and hybrid? Our ever-growing vocabulary list will help clarify the language of online learning.
- Central and Departmental Support: There are many places across U-M campus that provide different kinds of support for faculty and staff teaching online. Explore what is available.
- Our collection of resources supporting remote teaching
Program Development Resources
The following resources are for units who are designing and developing online and hybrid program portfolios.
- The Playbook
Our OHP Playbook outlines the program approval process, key compliance requirements, and common issues that are triggered by distance learning activities.
- Distance education disclosures page
Our Distance Education Disclosures page contains institutional policies and federally required notices that impact online students. This page includes statements concerning state authorization, licensure, data privacy and protection policies, important considerations for international students, and related subjects. Academic units are encouraged to link to this page from program description or FAQ pages.
- Vendor partnerships
We partner with external vendors to provide critical services for our online and hybrid program portfolios. The following have established Master Services Agreements with us:
- Instructional/learning experience design services: iDesign, Inno-versity, Wiley
- Proctoring services: Examity and ProctorU
- Notice for Canvas Users: ProctorU is the only service integrated into Canvas at this time
- Information regarding establishing proctoring service for an academic unit
- Market analysis and feasibility research services: Burning Glass, Eduventures Research